Friday, June 14, 2013

.Macaron Tower.

I love a challenge!  

Building a macaron tower was a challenge that I set for myself to achieve.  As we all know, practice makes perfect so here are a few attempts I made to build a macaron tower.

My first attempt - I used tin foil to cover a polystyrene cup and toothpicks to attach macarons to the tower.  I found this method very difficult to space the macarons nicely on the tower.  



My second attempt - I used melted chocolate to attach macarons to a tin foil covered cylinder made from cardboard.  It worked well but my macarons had too much filling in them so they look very big and they don't fit well together.



My third attempt - I applied the same method as above but this time I filled my macarons with less fillings so they do not look as big and they fit perfectly.  This macaron tower used 98 macarons to build and it took me about 1/2 hour to assemble the tower.  It was extremely rewarding to see my tower holding up and looking great!


Here are my tips for building a macaron tower...
  • Use melted chocolate to attach macarons to the tower
  • Do not overfill your macarons
  • Instead of buying a polystyrene cylinder for the tower, you can roll cardboard into a cylinder shape and filled the hole with scrap paper
  • Use tin foil to cover your cylinder
Challenge yourself and give it a go!  

VL

No comments:

Post a Comment