Tuesday, July 16, 2013

.Our Thrifty Haul Challenge.

What started as a mere dare turned into a whole lot more.  Armed with a budget of $40, we had to hunt for a complete outfit from one of our go-to department stores.  Bring it on!

.PS's Haul.
Boyfriend tee, skinny jeans, heels, arm swag for a total of $39.  Sweet.

I'm digging the off duty look, relaxed yet weekend ready with a touch of feline cool.  It took two rounds of meticulous hunting and ruthless editing but I got there in the end with my toddler in one arm and my haul in the other.  Flushed with the feeling of overwhelming success, it's not everyday we find a full look for under 40 bucks!  

.VL's Loots.
Black tee, harem pants and flats for a total of $40

It was love in first sight with the black and white floral harem pants so I basically picked my top and shoes to match it.  I ran out of money for accessories to go with my outfit as I spent more than half the budget on the pants and I only just managed to get my top and shoes to fit into the budget.  Who would have thought $40 to get a complete outfit would be that hard?!


.Mrs BC's Finds.
Black dress, flats, neck & wrist candy & bow belt for a total of $40

Keeping true to my style of everything pretty with a touch of black {ok alot of black! } I found a cute dress to act as a canvas for the pretty accessories.  I am completely obsessed with the bow belt and it would have to be the best find ever!  Love the accent of the gold which brings a little bit of glam.  Put them all together and it's Mrs BC to a tee.  What a challenge!  I didn't think I'd find a whole outfit for $40, it took many goes in the changing room before the look was right and fit the budget!  I breezed a huge sigh of relief and left feeling like I had accomplished something for the day.


Stay tuned for our next shopping challenge...
Love, from us.

No comments:

Post a Comment